Wednesday, May 08, 2019

The Rhubarb's Coming Up!

Jo Morton's Rhubarb Crisp quilted table runner: QuiltBee
More happy progress to report on my Rhubarb Crisp runners. I've still got a batch of stars to finish, but other than that it's time to start laying one out - fun!














The timing seems to be in sync with Mother Nature's schedule too as the rhubarb in the garden is doing its level best to surface, despite the miserable spring we've been having. The last few days have been warmer and drier, which is a blessing, especially for Jane who is dealing with flood waters around her cottage, and the plants like it.









Jo Morton's Rhubarb Crisp quilted table runner: QuiltBee
All of the Flying Geese are together and trimmed and I think that there are a few extras, which is fine - it gives me lots of choice. The pattern called for me to use 12 different dark prints but I really like the super scrappy look so there are several more than that, both light and dark.











It took a little longer on the cutting end of things but I love having the variety. Just had to share this cute little acorn print - makes me smile.

Jo Morton's Rhubarb Crisp quilted table runner: QuiltBee
Now for the big question - do I finish up all the stars and then start sewing the runners together or do I skip forward a bit and put one together to see what it looks like?....M

3 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I wish I could grow rhubarb as you do - when I try it here it dies on me before the summer is even over. I have one plant that my daughter dug out from her plant and I have it in a pot now for 3 years - it keeps coming back but the stalks are thinner than celery! and I do not even use it - it isn't thick enough- as I have had it in the ground other times and died I think it is surviving in the pot on the deck better - but it seems to be no use

Kyle said...

Fabulous colors and fabrics in your rhubarb crisp quilt. I'd have to sew one together to check it out. It's going to be a beauty. I haven't had a dish of rhubarb crisp in a long time. Sounds good!

marina said...

Your runner is looking so pretty,
Love that acorn fabric too,would make a beautiful backing for some applique