Wednesday, May 29, 2019

It's Starting....

Country Cousin quilt: QuiltBee
Things on the small design wall are slowly starting to resemble a quilt.















There's been a fair bit of cutting and sewing of HSTs, both large and small, and soon it should show up as much more progress.














Country Cousin quilt: QuiltBee
For fun, I tried adding in the occasional triangle that wasn't blue (an idea that I liked in the inspiration quilt) but I'm not sure that it does anything for it. I might keep just the green triangles, but I'm not sure; the blue-green floral will definitely stay in the mix. Maybe once I get more of it laid out the hits of colour will make more sense....M

3 comments:

bettyb said...

Loving the look!

Another blue beauty!

Chantal said...

I would definitely keep the blue-green triangles in there AND the occasional pop of colour. In the end, it will make the quilt that more interesting. IMHO anyway. Love what I see so far. Enjoy! ;^)

Susan said...

I'd leave the non-blue pieces in there. Be sure to add some more here and there, but keep it to just those colors. It's looking great so far!