Sunday, May 26, 2019

Hmmm....

I was making great progress on the outer round of another four-diamond hexie for Minnie when things suddenly ground to a halt. Obviously I've either miscalculated or misplaced the last of the peach hexies that I need to finish this one off.













It was easier to reach for another diamond rather than to run down to the sewing room and figure out where that fabric is, so I'll start stitching on this one and hope that my math is better.













Minnie has been in the works for several years now and I'm getting close to having enough diamonds to start assembling it. I will need to figure out half diamonds for around the edges but I'm close enough to the end of this one to start contemplating another hand stitching hexie project. This layout (in actuality, a tile floor) has lots of appeal and I'm thinking would be fun to figure out. I would do it in shades of two colours rather than just two solids - lots of scrappy potential there! Good thing, because I think I've cut way more hexies than I need for Minnie....M

7 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love the hexie in the diamond form like this - I need to make another I love the one I made a couple years ago - love the colors you are using

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Caught up on your posts and so enjoyed seeing your lovely projects. You have such beautiful fabrics combined with your skills make for stunning results.

Anne said...

Figuring out that pattern makes makes me think it would be like a knitting pattern - knit, purl, knit, knit, purl...
Have fun. If anyone can figure it out it's you. :)

Jane said...

Marie I think the reason you are "sweet "on this design is that it looks like honeycomb. The light hexies are the ones that are filled with honey and the dark ones are empty. I think it would look great in golds for the light colour and purple for the dark colour. What do you think of that idea?

bettyb said...

Ahh, this may work for my hexie's. I had sewn the blocks together but took them apart because I didn't like that the traditional pattern got lost.

At the same time, I don't want to go with a true traditional treatment.

This could be THE answer!

If I recall, I have about half a quilt done, so it would just mean creating again as many blocks.

Will keep you posted.

b

Kim said...

I love your Minnie, dancing with all those pretties hexies.

Quilter Kathy said...

So fun to be working on one hexie project while planning the next one!
Enjoy your stitching!