Friday, May 03, 2019

A Trimfest

There's been lots of Flying Geese getting their wings clipped around here lately and it's starting to pay off. To be honest, I thought that by now I might have lost interest in them and moved on, but I set up little batches to work on and it's been working out well.












Flying Geese quilt blocks: QuiltBee
The more of them I make the more accurate I get so the trimmings are actually quite tiny, but still enough to make a difference when it comes to making them into sashing units of four.












Flying Geese quilt blocks: QuiltBee
I'll need 32 sashing sets for each of the three runners and I think that right now I have about 70-80 sets together. It's been lots of fun creating the different combinations.












And what do I do with all of those tiny scraps? I tossed them outside near the bird feeder so that the birds can use them to build their nests. They are fine enough that they should do nicely, even for the tiniest birds. Win-win!....M


2 comments:

Kyle said...

I've been making geese too and using the bloc-loc ruler too. They look perfectly crisp and perfect.

Jane said...

Hi Marie; I'm wondering how that little ruler works. Is it a template for cutting?