Incredibly, my
Bordered Nine-Patch is all together! I started this hand stitching project thinking that it would take me well into the fall/winter but I've been able to surprise myself with an early finish, and I just love it.
After a fairly uninspiring start I was questioning if I just hadn't figured out the secret to making this pattern sing but eventually, as more and more variety in colour and print came into play it came into its own.
A huge shout out to Linda at KokaQuilts for
her inspiration. Her blocks and finished quilt were just a tad larger than mine but so lovely.
I have to say that the idea of that three-inch-block border is brilliant - it takes the humble
Nine-Patch and adds just that little bit of interest to take everything to the next level.
My
August post about this flimsy showed a map of how I laid out the blocks in strips to sew them together. That was all done by hand but then I moved to the machine to sew all of the strips together, which saved me a lot of time.
This quilt was an attempt to make a bit of a dent in my 2.5" squares and strips, and it's done that. But fear not, there's plenty more where these came from so I anticipate making more of these in the future. And I suspect that each will take on it's own colour story given that the scraps on hand will vary each time it's made, which will be fun to see. This one is delightfully autumnal....M
No comments:
Post a Comment