Where to begin? There's lots of eye candy to share so this may well roll over into a few posts. We arrived at 10:15 am thinking that we'd be early but the lot was already full and cars were being parked across the road. A collection of quilts were hung in front of the shop which I believe had been made in classes offered by the shop, all very fun.
Ali, the bubbly shop's owner, greeted all of her guests at the trail entrance. Admission was free but they welcomed donations for Quilts for Survivors, Quilts of Valour, and Victoria's Quilts, a great idea.
All of the participants were invited to send in a flower (it was amazing to see how much of the globe they covered!), all of which will be stitched together into a commemorative quilt.
The shop caters to more to a modern vibe so most of the quilts were very contemporary, but there were a few more traditional ones tucked in for good measure.
And being able to easily see both the front and back of each quilt meant discovering additional tidbits and details, like this strip of tiny bright squares running through that gorgeous green up the back of a quilt. I was so enthralled with this idea that I didn't think to check and see what was on the front!
That's it for now but I will have lots more to share in my next post. Inspiring, isn't it?....M













No comments:
Post a Comment