Thursday, September 24, 2026

More From Quilt Walk

I've got more inspiration for you from Mad About Patchwork's Quilt Walk that Jane and I enjoyed last weekend and I'll start with this beauty. It's Echinacea by Anna Maria Horner and it was one of Jane's faves. I have a tendency to make lighter coloured quilts but I would make an exception for this one; it is machine appliquéd. I believe that there is also a fabric line that echoes this floral design but with slightly different colouring.

When a quilt pattern/kit was available through the shop they placed a pink star near the quilt label, a great idea. We looked for the pattern in the shop but came up empty handed however, it looks like there might be a kit in their online shop.

This Super Mario themed quilt was at a completely different scale - thousands of 1" blocks. I believe I counted 289 tiny squares in just one of the border blocks! I know I tend to seek out small pieces to work with but holy moly!
And while we were admiring the teenie tiny aspects of the show we came across this beautiful quilt, which I believe is a Jen Kingwell pattern.

Jane was enthralled by the size of those little Churn Dash blocks which I'm thinking were about 4".

There were a few pumpkin-themed quilts in one area but the corner that we both were drawn to housed the Christmas quilts, complete with a 10-foot sparkling pink metallic tree! Somehow it seemed to fit right in.

This fun little quilt was made from small panels with little creatures in each of the houses. Jane really took a liking to it as well but unfortunately the panel/pattern were not available.

These reindeer reminded me of a pillow that I made for Christmas a few years ago for my great niece. It's very sweet as a full quilt.







And, despite my square quilt aversion, I liked this one too - it would be a fun seasonal wall hanging.
















We think that this might have been a Sue Spargo design but I don't think we ever confirmed that.
Wouldn't this one be absolutely darling for a little boy's room? Love both the colours and the pattern. The pattern is Grisly Grove but the maker calls it Beary Cozy.

And there was a large collection of minis, which I believe were all original designs; guests were encouraged to vote for their favourite. I didn't actually cast a ballot but this one made me smile. It's called On Grain.
With over 200 quilts on offer this is just a small sample of what we saw, but it gives you a good sense of the creativity we enjoyed under a beautiful treed canopy. 
This sign near the exit nicely captures the sentiment of quilting that I think we can all relate to....M

No comments: