Monday, February 13, 2023

My Funny Little Valentine

It's always fun to seek out a new heart to sew to celebrate Valentine's Day and this year I landed on these little 3" sweeties. They are SO cute!

I found them in a Stash Bandit blog post from a few years ago. Assembly is really easy - most of my time was spent digging for scraps and cutting.

I found that for the final seam (the one that runs down the centre of the heart) it's best to start at the top of the heart and work down rather than working from the bottom up so that you get good seam matches. 

I also alternated the direction that the seams at the bottom of the heart were pressed - one to the inside of the heart and one to the outside - so that I could nest them, and it worked really nicely. 

They are really, really cute together. I mean, they're 3 inches! It didn't take much time to get a group of them made and when I saw them all together I thought that including a little envelope block might be fun too. Sweet.

This is just a little diversionary rabbit hole that I've fallen into and I will put them away now. I've got a baker's dozen prepped and can't help but think that it could be a great follow-up to Little Trees. The scrappier it got, the better it would be. 

Happy Valentine's Day!....M


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A perfect little Valentine treat! Gail at the Cozy Quilter

Kyle said...

So sweet!💗💗💗

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

These are so sweet. Lovely fabrics.

bettyb said...

Love this. I made a larger version of this for Leanne and Mike when they got married many years ago.