Sunday, December 05, 2021

One Last Look and a Hint

Little Lena's Little Trees is finished! I enjoyed every minute of hand stitching the last of the binding down and now I'm just pinching myself at how cute it is. She is going to love it!

Already I'm wishing that I had a few more meters of both the border and backing so that I could make a throw for me. 

Those snowmen with their little parasols are just too cute for words and were a great find.

And I never tire of scanning the trees for my favourite, changing my mind in an instant. As a reminder, the inspiration came from Ana Jantina's quilt by the same name. You can order acrylic templates to make it but I drafted my own pattern; it's 2" x 4" and I made the stumps narrower than she did. It was a fun hand stitching project. Recently I've also found a free paper pieced version from Country Lane Quilts if you want to give them a try too.

I'm really tickled with the binding - it adds just enough colour without overpowering the softness of either the front or backing.

Whoever designed that snowflake panto - you know, the one that I asked Roberta to use over and over for my projects this fall - deserves a medal because the flakes and the swirls combine to create just a beautiful finish for a decidedly winter quilt.

So much so that it's also been used on that secret sewing project that I hinted at a couple of months ago. More on this one in about a week.

So, it's time to say goodbye to Little Trees. Or is it? Maybe I should start a throw for us for next Christmas....M


10 comments:

Nancy said...

I can see why you are thrilled with this quilt. Every single thing about it is delightful, perfect, even. It makes me want to make one.

Sandy said...

Cuteness galore, and I can’t tell you enough how much I love that quilting! I’m a little envious that your trees are done, although I am enjoying quilting trees with cheesy Christmas movies … LOL! I can’t wait to see your secret sewing project. That fabric is GORGEOUS!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Another little beauty, Marie!

Kyle said...

Adorable. The snowflake quilt design is perfect. You definitely need to make another one just for you.

bettyb said...

You will have to spend some quality time with Little Lena under this quilt!

The Cozy Quilter said...

My long armed has the same pantograph and is quilting my snowflake quilt with it. Lovely finished quilt. So much fun to look at all the trees

Robin said...

This is such a cute quilt. Everything about it is adorable. You should make one for yourself.

gladiquilts said...

I LOVE your tree quilt!! Every detail seems just right. I’m so inspired that I plan to draft a pattern for paper piecing and get started with my own version soon. Thank you!!

Joan H. said...

Gladi said it all. This little quilt is perfect in every way. I too am inspired to make my own version. Well done!!!

audrey said...

This quilt is so sweet, I can tell you enjoyed every step and that is worth it's weight in gold.:)