Sunday, February 26, 2023

Sew Slowly

Just a little over a week ago COVID finally caught up with me. It was inevitable I guess, but not in the least bit welcome. Needless to say, it's been a pretty low energy several days so my plans for Halo never did hit the ground, but occasionally I have picked up Anna Levens.

I haven't worked on this quilt for several months; it was folded up before the holidays and is only resurfacing now to work it's healing powers.

My hexies are basted on an as needed basis and I am amazed that my funky little paper clip is still in the bin after all this time. I use it to secure the fabric to my paper...


and keep it in place until I finish basting the entire thing. It makes all the difference in keeping things secure and minimizing slippage.

I'd hardly say that I made huge progress, but I have managed to finish assembling a row of hexies and getting it attached to one of the sides, which feels good....M


5 comments:

Kyle said...

Sorry about unfortunately getting covid. 😔 Take it easy. The hexies are looking good!

The Cozy Quilter said...

I hope your energy returns soon. A little progress is better than no progress at all.

Kim said...

Hexies are always a lovely thing to stitch. Your Anna Levens is a beauty. Hoping you are back to your old self soon.

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

This is such a beautiful project. So sorry you got Covid. It's sometimes hard to remember Covid is still with us, but it sure is. I hope you feel completely better sooner rather than later!

Frances B said...

Healing indeed!