Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Crawling Out of the Rabbit Hole

Despite my intention to put the little three-inch hearts to one side and move on, I stayed stuck in the rabbit hole of little pieces just a little bit longer.

Actually, long enough to make another baker's dozen.


I kept finding little pink scraps and cutting them up, so of course I just had to see what they look like worked into a heart.


Still very stinkin' cute! But it's time to crawl out of this rabbit hole and move on. This time I'm serious. I think 😉.

I have my heart set on getting Halo off the design wall where it has lived for heaven knows how long now. All of the blocks are finally together, with the exception of the edge pieces. I cut just a few and laid them alongside the blocks but it just wasn't working for me. 

After mulling things for a while I realized that the bottom test piece was too dark; if I continued with shades like this it was going to have a distinct piano key feel, taking away from the circles. Not.

I want subtle with a just a little variation in tone between the pieces to help those circles shine, so I culled my initial fabric selection so that it was much more low volume. Much better....M



3 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

Those hearts are stinking cute! You have fun scraps!

Kyle said...

As long as you were having fun, keep making those sweet hearts 💕. I like that low volume look. Good choices

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

Your hearts are just so pretty. And what a wonderful array of low volume fabrics.