Saturday, January 18, 2020

You Just Knew It Was Going to Happen...

Despite having a shoe box full of strips cut and sorted for Pineapple Tidbits, I couldn't resist the siren call of the rotary cutter and my scrap bins.












All of the blocks were looking the same - not much interest - I felt as though I was always using the same fabrics. It was compounded by the fact that they were very dark and very similar - you know, the saturated greens and browns from the late 80s/early 90s. It is a quilt designed to use your 'uglies' and will eventually be over-dyed with a tea rinse to help meld the colours together, but it was just looking a little too ugly for my liking. Even Dame Edna agreed.





So, out came the scrap bins. I also cleaned out a few small containers of strips that date back to mom's stash hidden in the shelving unit that the shoe box had been sitting on. She didn't waste a thing.











There's a little bit of everything in it which I love, including a few Christmas prints.

I think that I've more than replaced all of the strips that I recently sewed into blocks, which sort of defeats the purpose of working through that shoe box, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do....M


1 comment:

Anne said...

Who knew that Dame Edna was a quilter?