Friday, January 31, 2020

Lets Hear It For The Snowmen

#QuiltBee: snowman place mats
A few weeks ago I was showing you the snowman place mats that I was going to be stitching the binding on while watching football but I never did show you the finished product.












#QuiltBee: snowman place matsThere are two red...














#QuiltBee: snowman place mats
...and two green, and I think that they are really sweet. And the randomly spaced vertical lines of quilting add a nice casual touch so that they don't take themselves too seriously.











#QuiltBee: snowman place mats
The flying geese that run up one side are snowier prints - lots more white in them - as is the red and white that they are all backed and bound in. I keep envisioning a young family of four sitting in to eat and checking out all of the different snowmen that are rolling about on their mat.









#QuiltBee: snowman place mats
I'm particularly happy that I used up the pieces of snowman fabrics that I had and much of the red as well. There is a small pile of geese left over so they may become the seeds for a few potholders - I'll have to do a count.










#QuiltBee: snowman place mats
If I can resist putting these on our table they will go into a box to take to the Holly Bazaar in November. It's a little more work to make four place mats rather than one table runner, but I really enjoyed making them so I think I'll try and make one or two additional sets. Its always good to switch things up so that the shoppers at the bazaar stay interested - and in a buying mood 😉.


5 comments:

Joyful Quilter said...

The place mats are way too cute! I'd keep them. ;o)

Chantal said...

I would like to go to that bazaar so I can buy these. They are soooo cute and I love, love, love snowman. Great job! ;^)

Kyle said...

Those will be super cute either for the bazaar or for your table. ⛄⛄

Wendy @ Wendysquiltsandmore said...

these are lovely placemats. Sometimes it's easier to do Christmas sewing in the New Year than to rush through it in December when there's so much else to do. Thank you for linking up to the Peacock Party.

Unknown said...

Do you understand there is a 12 word sentence you can tell your partner... that will trigger deep feelings of love and impulsive attraction to you deep within his heart?

Because deep inside these 12 words is a "secret signal" that triggers a man's instinct to love, look after and care for you with all his heart...

12 Words That Fuel A Man's Love Impulse

This instinct is so hardwired into a man's brain that it will drive him to work better than ever before to make your relationship as strong as it can be.

In fact, fueling this all-powerful instinct is absolutely important to getting the best possible relationship with your man that once you send your man a "Secret Signal"...

...You will immediately notice him expose his soul and mind to you in a way he's never experienced before and he'll see you as the one and only woman in the universe who has ever truly appealed to him.