Sunday, January 26, 2020

A Visit With Anna

#QuiltBee: Anna Levens hexagon quilt
Anna Levens has been on the sidelines for a while just waiting to be picked up again.













Since today is another Sunday Snowday (third weekend in a row we've had a storm), it seems like the perfect hand stitching project to settle in.












#QuiltBee: Anna Levens hexagon quilt
You will recall that this quilt sometimes speaks to me, reminding me of where I left off. Do you see the 'maybe you were here' message in the centre hexie? 😉 I use business reply cards from magazines to cut my paper hexies and it can result in some very entertaining reading as I stitch.








#QuiltBee: Anna Levens hexagon quilt
Even if I'm not working on it I do love looking at it, both front and back. I love the palette and the honeycomb that the hexies create is almost mesmerizing.











I'm working at filling in a corner so that it is squared off; one of these days I'll be able to share that with you. In the meantime, we're nestled in with our morning coffee and content with watching the falling flakes create a winter wonderland. Hope you enjoy some slow stitching this Sunday as well....M


6 comments:

Deanna W said...

A winter wonderland for sure. I live near North Bay, Ontario. After a walk this morning and some photos, I am settling in to finish a mystery quilt. I love hexies. My hexie project has been on the back burner since before Christmas...I think it needs to come out and play again soon. Thanks for the reminder!

Chantal said...

Last night, it was so wild. The sizes of the snowflakes were unbelievable and so pretty. I love Winter. I love stitching on snow days. Enjoy your beautiful hand stitched project. ;^)

Kyle said...

It is a mesmerizing pattern with the printing, colors, and shapes. Perfect for a snowy day.

Bits of Stitching! said...

What a lovely EPP quilt you are working on, a true labor of love! Enjoy!

Denise :) said...

I adore EPPing! Do you stitch baste your hexies, or glue? Your edges all look so perfect! I love that you use whatever cardstock is available for your templates ... do you have a punch? Happy stitching! :)

Sandy said...

You’re inspiring me to get back to quilting my hexies! I’m a little envious of your snowy days ... it looks so beautiful!