Friday, January 24, 2020

Reforestation

#QuiltBee, #bushfireblocks
Anne has kindly whipped up five beautiful tree blocks to my two for the Wollongong Modern Quilt Guild's efforts in support of those who are suffering as a result of the bush fires that continue to rage in Australia.

Aren't they beautiful? I love the contrast between her block style and mine and can only imagine how wonderful the quilts that they assemble will be when they have even more variety to work with.







#QuiltBee, #bushfireblocksShe dug into a pile of great turquoise strips and came up with these beauties.













#QuiltBee, #bushfireblocks
My images aren't totally capturing the true colour of these prints, but they are warm and cheery and scrappy. I know that they will make someone's day.











#QuiltBee, #bushfireblocksSo its time to package them all up and head to the post office. If you are interested in making a 12.5" tree block or two to support the cause you can find all of the details in my last post. Just keep in mind that they would like them mailed so that the blocks arrive by the end of February...M


4 comments:

Kyle said...

All those trees are bright, cheerful, and full of hope.

Sarah Goer said...

I love the turquoise and lime green palette. Beautiful, scrappy trees!

Raewyn said...

The two blocks/colours do look great together! Beautiful tree blocks. I must learn how to do the ones like you did - they are very effective and look like some fun.

Sandy said...

OMG ... such different styles, and both stunning! I love all the colours!