Saturday, June 22, 2019

Soft and Delicate

I had promised to finish off my Quilt Canada posts with a few art quilts but realized that I had missed showing you several more traditional quilts so we'll look at those today and then next time finish up with the artistic endeavours. Today's selection are in what I would call dreamy palettes.

This one really caught my eye, not only because of the star-like block, but because the colours used in it were perfection,








to say nothing of the workmanship.
















And those tiny cornerstones just feel like bits of confetti throughout the quilt, giving it a lovely soft finish. I could see myself making this one.














Warm Regards quilt: QuiltBee
This was the very first quilt we saw and it took me back a bit.















The soft colour palette is so different from the rich green, teal, brown and cerise in Kim Diehl's  original work Warm Regards from the book Simple Friendships that she co-authored with Jo Morton,







but it translated beautifully.












Warm Regards quilt: QuiltBee
We spent a lot of time chatting about whether or not those little yo yos were stuffed because they sat up so high, but I think it was just how they had been prepared.













This pink quilt caught my eye too. I would never make it, but it was beautifully done,















and beautifully machine quilted.
















Someone had a lot of patience
















To The Nines quilt: QuiltBee
And finally, there is one in every crowd - one that has everyone leaning in to confirm that ALL of those little squares are really as tiny as they think that they are.













To The Nines quilt: QuiltBee
It's called To The Nines and in the short time that I was looking at it the reaction was universal - WOW! Those squares are half an inch in size, reminiscent of the nine patches that I am making for Omigosh.












This is not the best quality image but I wanted to try and show the detail. Little wonder that it won the Excellence in Workmanship in Piecing award for the show.

Okay, that's it for traditional quilts. Coming up - my favourite art quilts. Hang in there with me....M




3 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

thanks for sharing all the pretty quilts!

marina said...

An absolute stunning selection! Can’t wait to see your next share

Kyle said...

Awesome workmanship. Glad you were able to get some close-up looks at these spectacular quilts.