Saturday, June 29, 2019

My Fave

Starsprung quilt:#QuiltBee
There's one last quilt to share from Quilt Canada and it's the one that I would most likely make. Starsprung was designed by Julia Wentzell of the Maritme Modern Quilt Guild in Halifax (and Briar Hill Designs); she was asked by Cotton+Steel to come up with a design for the fabric line Kibori by Chiemi Fujita.












Starsprung quilt:#QuiltBee
She wanted something to really show off the large scale prints and I think that she nailed it.















Starsprung quilt:#QuiltBee
Its minimalist design nicely shows off the fabric's artwork, letting the patchwork play a supporting role - contemporary and traditional all in one.














Starsprung quilt:#QuiltBee
The sashing is foundation paper pieced and the machine quilting really adds to the overall effect. Not sure if wonky stars would work on the corners as well or not...?













Yonder panto: #QuiltBee
The quilting intrigued me - I couldn't for the life of me figure it out. Then and I found the panto that was used (Yonder) on the Briar Hill website. The stars were beginning to align. You could do a Kantha styled pattern by hand I would think but it would take me forever.

Starsprung quilt:#QuiltBeeAfter a little sleuthing I also found the downloadable pattern - YIPPEEEEEE!. Lets see...would that be quilt no. 274 on the TO DO list? 😉....M

2 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

wow that actually looks like a easy pattern to make once you realize it is a half square triangle block and it is the sashing that makes it look so different

audrey said...

I'm not usually a fan of quilts made from one line of fabric, but this is amazing! Really great use of the fabrics here.