Thursday, June 13, 2019

One More Sleep!

This time tomorrow we will have landed in Ottawa to spend the day at Quilt Canada (actually, 'landed' may not be the correct term - we're lucky this year in that it is a 90 minute drive from home). It's been years since I've attended - it was in Toronto - and I am getting more and more excited with each passing day. None of us (Jane, Linda, Anne or I) are taking any workshops - it's purely a 'gawking' tour.










And I have no doubt that there will be a little shopping in the Merchants Mall, too. Anne recently started pulling colours for a new quilt so she'll be looking for additions to ramp up the scrappy factor.












She's using the Snow Goose pattern from Miss Rosie's Quilt Co. but in a totally non-Christmas palette of turquoise, golds, oranges and cream.














This fabric was her jumping off point.













The more she brings together the better it gets. I picked up a few fat quarters during our travels last week and it looks like they will fit in quilte nicely. I particularly like the two little mottled little checks - very different.

It's a pretty good guess that there will be image overload in my next post or two. Bon voyage!....M


4 comments:

Anne said...

Marie, thanks for the pattern, the sweet fat quarters and the opportunity to lift a few pieces from your stash. This colour combo started almost 20 years ago when Betty gave me that piece of fabric with the traditional flute players on it. It has never fit into any of my other quilts to date but is the perfect centrepiece for this quilt and from which I built my stash of oranges, creams, blues and turquoises. I very much look forward to getting started but need to complete a few other small jobs on 3 other quilts first. Nothing like a bit of inspiration to keep me going.

Kyle said...

You girls are going to have a fabulous time. Events like that are always more fun with friends. They're the only ones who understand why we need " that".!

Sandy said...

So excited for you girls! Have too much fun! Can’t wait to see what treasures you find ...

marina said...

lovely fabrics and new project for your friend Anne,
look forward to seeing your lovely treasures purchased
Enjoy