Friday, November 03, 2023

And Sew It Goes

The Holly Bazaar is looming large (next week!) but I just had to play with a few more leaves.

Another great Kaffe print to the rescue in those centre squares.










Batch processing proved to be a good idea, letting me easily play with lots of different combinations.


I introduced a couple of caramel colours but I'm thinking that this block would also be fun to try with batiks, similar to what I did in this tutorial with a different pattern.

And I'm thinking that this is where I'm headed for a layout. You can see how the yellows in the upper left block aren't nearly as interesting as those with the Kaffe prints in the centre so there will be some switching up before this becomes a topper.

There are now six blocks so the hope is that I'll be organized enough to make two into potholders and put them on the bazaar craft table along with the runners that I've made. It's a 7" block, so the size is perfect...M

2 comments:

bettyb said...

Love this! It would be a great pattern for a Carp Fair block.

chrisknits said...

Love the block! And yes, those Kaffes do make an interesting focal point.