Friday, February 07, 2020

Keeping My Head Down

#QuiltBee: Pineapple Tidbits quilt blocks
I'm trying to keep my head down and the squirrels at bay as I close in on the last of my Pineapple Tidbits blocks. There's about half a dozen left to go but it is that dangerous point in a project where you start thinking, 'Maybe I should play with something else'. Focus. Focus.










#QuiltBee: Pineapple Tidbits quilt block
A block takes about 45 minutes to assemble so I've been attempting to prep two at a time and then sew both in one sitting. Sometimes I get two finished, sometimes it's only one, but slowly they are building to a big finish, which is so incredibly hard to contemplate given how long they have been in the works.








#QuiltBee: Pineapple Tidbits quilt block
Several still need to be trimmed to size but at this point I will just wait and trim everything else that needs doing in one shot. There's also a big pile that will need the edges zigzagged but again, I'm concentrating on getting the blocks finished and then working through that.









#QuiltBee: Pineapple Tidbits quilt block
I love that there is everything and anything in these blocks - it's a terrific use of the 'uglies' and triggers lots of memories - and I keep imagining what they will look like after they are dyed. Onward!....M

7 comments:

Cathy said...

Good luck on focusing! Wow, you've got the makings of a wonderful and gloriously scrappy quilt. I tried a few pineapple blocks and found that although I love the look I didn't like the process. I turned my few blocks into a medallion center and they have been sitting here ever since.

Focus! Focus! Looking forward to the results of that!

Karen's Korner said...

Hang in there......the end is near. I love scrappy blocks and yours are very pretty.

Turid said...

I love your blocks. This is exactly the inspiration I need when I'm starting my scrappy pineapple blocks next week. Are you going to dye it when finished?

Kyle said...

Focus! These are marvelous!

Sandy said...

Love these, Marie! I bought a pineapple cutting template a while ago, but I haven’t had the courage to use it. What are you zig-zagging, and dyeing?

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

These blocks turned out beautifully, Marie. I love them.

Blog27999 said...

Did you realize there's a 12 word sentence you can speak to your partner... that will induce deep feelings of love and instinctual appeal for you deep inside his chest?

That's because deep inside these 12 words is a "secret signal" that triggers a man's instinct to love, adore and guard you with his entire heart...

12 Words That Fuel A Man's Desire Instinct

This instinct is so built-in to a man's brain that it will make him work harder than before to make your relationship the best part of both of your lives.

Matter of fact, triggering this powerful instinct is absolutely essential to having the best possible relationship with your man that as soon as you send your man one of these "Secret Signals"...

...You will immediately notice him expose his mind and soul for you in such a way he never experienced before and he will recognize you as the only woman in the world who has ever truly understood him.