Thursday, February 20, 2020

Boy Oh Boy!

Shortly after the new year began I got a call from a dear friend from university days that her daughter was expecting her first child. Needless to say, the thought of them becoming grandparents was more than exciting, but when they found out it would be identical twin boys, well, it was hard for them to contain themselves.







So that's a perfect excuse to make a couple of baby quilts, isn't it? They aren't due til mid summer but knowing how pokey I can be at times I decided to get a jump on them. I found Amy Smart's tutorial for a darling Lone Star quilt and got to work picking fabrics. I'm going with shades of blue, green and aqua and a variety of whites and creams.





Not all of them made the final cut but I do like the mix. The quilts will be similar but not identical so I've split the blocks into two different piles. I'll likely bind them in different fabrics so that they are easy to tell apart.








All of the blocks are cut and the over-sized HSTs together so it was time to play on the design wall. This was my first layout but it was so so - you can see that there are two greens that are very similar and they just weren't working where they were.








#QuiltBee: Lone Star baby quilt
So I switched things up and really prefer the second layout. I spent the day helping the gals at the church quilt so nothing more was done but I'm hoping that by the end of the weekend both flimsies will be together....M

3 comments:

Kyle said...

Fabulous baby boys colors. There will exciting times ahead for their family.

Love Of Quilts said...

Pretty colors.

Unknown said...

According to Stanford Medical, It is in fact the one and ONLY reason this country's women live 10 years longer and weigh on average 19 KG lighter than us.

(And by the way, it really has NOTHING to do with genetics or some secret diet and absolutely EVERYTHING to do with "how" they are eating.)

P.S, I said "HOW", not "what"...

Tap on this link to uncover if this short quiz can help you unlock your real weight loss possibility