Monday, August 05, 2019

Mellow Yellow

#QuiltBee: Snippets quilt
We've just enjoyed a terrific long weekend and I finished it off by completing a languishing flimsy, so that's good too. Snippets has been hanging over a chair back for several months now (who am I kidding, its been more than a year!). I thought it was finished but apparently it wasn't.

The more I looked at it, the more it needed a nice wide border... something in a large graphic print. And what did I find in my stash one day? Several meters of this yummy yellow Art Gallery fabric. I thought that I only had a small piece but there was lots to play with.

#QuiltBee: Snippets quilt
Finally, upstairs it came and I pondered things even more.















#QuiltBee: Snippets quilt
At one point I thought that I might include a band of white in the borders...
















#QuiltBee: Snippets quilt
but I just loved the idea of all those little pieces bumping up against those large flowers. Decision made.














It took me seemingly forever to do the math - might have been from a sugar overload - but eventually I dug in and then surprised myself with how quickly it went. Duh.













#QuiltBee: Snippets quiltAnyway, I love the end result and the fact that it is now a decent size - closer to 80 x 100" - so no skimpy quilt for me. But you know what that means...now it's time to make a backing. Wonder how long that will take?....M

6 comments:

bettyb said...

The perfect choice!

Love the contrast of squares, triangles and circles.

chrisknits said...

It is a perfect border for that lovely quilt!

Rose Marie said...

Borders .... that is where I get stuck. Still, they don't take as long as we think it will. Love your choice for that border!

audrey said...

Yes to the really wide border! That yellow is a great choice. Love it!

marina said...

beautiful Border fabric!!

Kyle said...

That's a great border fabric! It's a beautiful contrast between the pieced center and the fabric design.