Saturday, December 29, 2018

A Star is Born

Moda Love/Carpenter's Star: QuiltBee
At long last I made a return to my sewing room and got the Moda Love/Carpenter's Star topper put together. It was such a treat to just sit down and sew without having to fret about other things that I needed to do - I think it's been over a month since I spent any time in my sewing room.











I like the silver and gold combination, it is soft and Christmassy all at the same time and quite sophisticated.














And there's just enough sparkle in a few of the fabrics to kick things up a notch.















Moda Love/Carpenter's Star: QuiltBee
This is a project that didn't get finished in time for the Holly Bazaar because I was too busy trying to figure out how to mess it up so I guess it's on track to be the first project finished for the 2019 bazaar - woo hoo!

There were enough HSTs so that I was able to lay out a second one - just need to cut a dozen white blocks and I'll be able to start putting it together as well.....M

6 comments:

Chantal said...

It is so lovely! You are starting 2019 on a bright and beautiful way. ;^)

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

That's really pretty! I am working on a similar project - lots of HSTs made out of yellow and white.

Quilting Babcia said...

Beautiful!

Kyle said...

I agree your block is beautiful with just the right bling

bettyb said...

Love this colour combo!

marina said...

Beautiful colour in this star!
Hope you had a lovely Christmas