Friday, January 26, 2024

LOL

Apparently I had Roberta laughing out loud when she read my last post about saving all those tiny HSTs from my Holiday Forest project.

She is making the same pattern and, lo and behold, couldn't just toss her trimmings either. Girl after my own heart.

We started working on our forests around the same time and it's been fun to be able to track my progress with someone else. Hopefully it means that I will be able to keep up with her!

Before we began, she made up a test block in blues just to see how it would work. Lovely, isn't it? Especially that blue and white print second from the top. After seeing the block worked up there was no turning back.

For her throws (we're both making two) she's using most of the same fabrics as I am, so in no time at all her work space looked like this. Who knows, there might be a blue one in her future. (Didn't think to ask what that lovely bundle against the wall is for.)

She's also been more adventurous in her colour combos than I. Where I tended to be very monochromatic in building my trees, she has used a couple of different colours together and I really like it. Maybe I should learn to colour outside the lines a little more?....M


1 comment:

Sandy said...

I think I see a little tree addiction, and I totally get it! Love your fabric combos! :D