Friday, January 05, 2024

Chillin'

I love the quieter pace of the days between Christmas and New Year's and when it rolls over into the first week of the year I'm more than happy with that, too. There are a few volunteer commitments that keep me busy throughout the year and they will ramp up again in the coming week, but for this week I have stayed offline as much as possible and spent some time playing in the sewing room.

The Christmas tree came down today - 😞 - but there's lots more trees coming to life downstairs.

Roberta put me on to a collection of Laundry Basket Quilts fabrics and I had come across a sew along for how to make the trees for Holiday Forest so, despite that long TO DO list of mine, this one suddenly found its way at the top of the list. Can you say holiday squirrel?

These fabrics are to die for. Seriously. Not sure if it's more fun planning each tree combo or sewing them together but it has been such a lovely way to welcome the New Year....M

2 comments:

Linda said...

OH Marie, so inspiring! Such beautiful fabrics....where can I purchase? Linda

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That is a great Holiday Squirrel!! Love those tree blocks!!!