Monday, July 03, 2023

Jane Joins Me In The Land of Teenie Tiny

Several weeks ago as I was preparing to head out to Jane's cottage for the day she texted asking if I could bring 1.5" strips of brights along. I thought it was a typo because she usually doesn't work that small, but after checking, it was indeed 1.5" strips that she was after. I was happy to oblige.

She had started hand stitching little 3" blocks like this, using a wide variety of prints that read like solids.

And by the time I got there she had already made great progress. Ah, the joy of scrappy.

She's been sewing away and enjoying all of those brights.

It reminds me of those gorgeous hexies that Sandy made earlier this year.

Well, she's now got 289 blocks prepped and has started putting them together with one colour block running into the next - improv and rather like a colour wash. 

It sounds like it's going to be about 45" x 57" - not a full quilt but one to hang on her bedroom wall. It's going to be gorgeous! I love having company in the land of teenie tiny....M

4 comments:

Anne said...

Beautiful! I love all the bright colours and the small blocks.

Ann said...

I remember a book by Sally Collins that explained the types of fabrics for working this small. She was an expert at it. These look lovely. And perfect work for these hot days.

Sandy said...

I love all those vibrant colours … and truly, Jane’s beautiful pieces inspired me to try my hand at them. What a great way to use up all those bits. Perfect size for display, or to curl up under with a good book and a cuppa tea!

Rebecca Grace said...

Oh, what fun! I love her little jewel blocks and those embroidery scissors with the gold handles look wonderful, too.