Sunday, June 18, 2023

Santa's Laundry

It's been quite a while since I have picked up any cross stitch to work on, but I started a fun new project this week. 

It's called Good Day Syre Christemas and is a rustic view of Santa's home in the woods with his laundry hung out on the line to dry. Couldn't resist.

It's worked on 28 count raw linen, which makes for teenie tiny stitches, even when worked over two threads. This little guy is just a little larger than an inch in size.

We took a bit of a getaway so I started working on it there but the combination of our outings, my older eyes and poor lighting made for very little progress. That large snowflake just about drove me to distraction. I got a few more rows in than are shown but I decided to park everything until I was home and able to work under a good light. I think that I've discovered one stitch that is made in error so the trick will be whether I live with it or rip everything out and start again...

Despite the size of the stitches, the pattern is quite open so I expect that once I get my mojo in place it should work up quite quickly (she says confidently). That little line of laundry should be fun. You can order the pattern online from Goodflora Stitchworth, if you are so inclined....M

6 comments:

Kim said...

Oh, what a sweet design. If you hadn't mentioned about the troublesome snowflake, I wouldn't ever had noticed. Your stitching is lovely.

Jenny said...

Santas laundry, how sweet! I dont cross stitch, but certainly admire those who do.

Kyle said...

Super fun!

Rebecca Grace said...

What a sweet project! I am seeing more and more cross stitching projects lately; this stitching addiction must be on the rise. And unfortunately I can relate to the aging eyesight letting you down. Remember years ago when we could read and thread needles in ANY light, without glasses or magnifying glasses?! Youth is wasted on the young!!

Quilter Kathy said...

Such a fun project! i do find 28 count challenging and need good lighting and sometimes a magnifier, but it's just so sweet! The tree is perfection!

Sandy said...

You have the patience of a saint, Marie! Betty will be eyeing Santa’s laundry line!