Friday, July 01, 2022

Christmas In July (or Happy Canada Day!)

Yesterday, the gal who cuts my hair shared that she was really excited for today. Initially I thought that it was because it was Canada Day, but that was only part of it - for her it's also Christmas In July. She loves to settle in with her popcorn and have a good cry or two watching her favourite Christmas movies! It has started out to be a very wet day so she's got the perfect weather for it.

I won't be watching Christmas movies but, in patriotic fashion, I did find a few red and white fabrics to play with to bind a Christmas quilt. The last quilt in my current pile of 'things to bind' is Wintersweet (which I keep calling Winterberry...). 

I test drove four different options but surprisingly, I wasn't feelin' it with any of them. Given that there are so many reds in the quilt I thought it would be easy to use just about anything red.

I had hoped that this plaid would work but...meh...


And this gingham is just too bright, but I've just remembered the gingham that I used for the Stars All Round runners - it might suit...

So I had landed on the polka dots.

But, a couple of options had just arrived in the mail that I had forgotten about so I test drove two more. The one in the bottom right is too light...

but I do like this one. 

I'll let it steep for a bit longer before making the final pick. Do you have a fave?

Happy Canada Day everyone!...M


6 comments:

Rose Marie said...

The last one is perfect! Happy Canada Day, eh!

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

Happy Canada Day to you! I love that plaid binding option. Let us know what you chose!

Lindianna said...

Hi Marie: I do like the last one, the plaid one, best! Too many options.....

Anonymous said...

I am on team plaid as well!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I have to admit all those options looked good to me. But plaid always makes a special binding I think too.

Rebecca Grace said...

I am no help at all in choosing fabrics, because I am captivated by that pretty Christmas themed quilting design! That's one of Tammy Oberlin's pantos, isn't it? Looking on her web site just now, it looks like the Jingle Bells panto is only sold as part of a large set of designs, but she has a similar design without the bells called Holiday Curls something or other. I like how it's a more openly spaced holly design than the ones I already own. Thanks for the inspo!