Thursday, June 02, 2022

Am I Really Early or Really, Really Late?

I've got another pair of finishes to share with you. These two Stars All Round Christmas runners were started in 2013 and finished in early 2014 and have been steeping under my sewing room since then just waiting to be quilted. And now that they are bound I don't know if I'm to congratulate myself for being so early for the holidays or be embarrassed that it took me so long to get them to the finish line.

What in heaven's name was I waiting for?

From the moment I started them I loved them so you would think that I would have been anxious to be able to use them on a holiday table. Ah well, they are finished now and will be enjoyed.

The pattern is designed for the scrap lover, basically 2" squares in lots of different greens combined with red/cream or white four patches, all surrounded with 4" red stars. 

I believe that between the two of them I made 50 stars - lots of scrappy goodness here too!
The Jingle Bells panto is fast becoming a holiday favourite and it worked beautifully for quilting them. When I was trimming them up I literally gasped when I turned them over and saw the design in taupe against that red backing. It's a show stopper and made my job of binding that much more enjoyable.
And I love the binding too - it's a variation on my theme of a bias gingham and it's a beautiful finish. As I mentioned, there are two runners, one about 6" longer than other, so one will be for me and the second will either be a gift or possibly for the Holly Bazaar Silent Auction in the fall. Such a happy finish, even if it's taken so long to get there....M




9 comments:

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

These are simply gorgeous, Marie. How nice to be all ready for Christmas too which can never be too early. :)

Sue W. said...

No need to feel embarrassed , they were finished when they were supposed to be. The quilting is lovely !

Kyle said...

The runners are a great holiday addition both for you and another lucky petson.

Carol C. said...

They are beautiful! And such a good feeling to have them finished!

Kim said...

Both your runners are a celebration of scrappy gorgeousness. The red stars shining around the borders look fabulous. The Jingle Bell panto is the perfect pattern for the quilting. Oh, I think you are definitely early for this Christmas. Such lovely finishes.

Anonymous said...

We will go with early. Love the scrappiness of your runners

Jenny said...

Beautiful! I sometimes leave things and wonder why I did when they finally get finished.

bettyb said...

Never a bad time to finish treasures like this.

Sandy said...

I love everything about these runners, Marie! Perfection! Makes me want to pull out the Christmas fabrics!!!