Thursday, June 09, 2022

Puss In The Corner Is Finished Too

The binding bonanza continues with this little Puss In The Corner finish. 

This quilt started out as a way to use up the green floral and a few additional bits and bobs. It's about 43" x 58", so large enough for a child's quilt or a throw.

Adding lots of different yellows into the mix made it very scrappy and they worked terrifically well with that red polka dot and the posies that run through it. I really love that polka dot - I'll have to give some thought to another quilt pattern that I can use it in. If memory serves me correctly, I also have it in blue.

I love trimming up a quilt after it's quilted to get it ready for binding; there's something about getting rid of all of the surplus fabric and batting that just works for me.

That sweet blue for the setting triangles was another longtime resident in my stash which finally found its purpose. It's a VIP print, which gives you an idea of how old it is. I think that it may have actually come from mom's stash originally.

There was enough blue to bind it with as well, which was nice because it doesn't break up the look of the setting triangles. 

And I really like the way it looks against the buttery yellow backing. 

This one will be a charity quilt; many thanks to Roberta for helping me out with the quilting. The sweet panto that it's quilted with is called Keryn's Bellflower and plays up the blossoms in all of the floral prints very nicely. 

I feel like I'm knocking one quilt after the other off the list lately but yet the list of WIPs doesn't appear to be shrinking that much. Who started all these quilts anyway 😉?....M

7 comments:

Nancy said...

That's a great quilt! I like its simplicity. Using blue setting triangles with matching binding was brilliant. (I think I may have some VIP fabric around here.) I like that red polka dot, too.

Chantal said...

It's more like a Floral in the Corner. Lol. You have a great eye for getting all these colours to work together. The blue is perfect for the setting triangles and border. Great job. ;^)

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

What a pretty quilt, with a sort of "French" feel. It will brighten someone's day for sure!

Kyle said...

Sweet combination of fabrics. It does have flower garden feel. I love cutting off the surplus edges of a quilt before binding too. Perfect binding. It makes the edge softer, less confining.

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

A delightful quilt! I love the different yellows, they add depth & interest.

gladiquilts said...

Trimming that excess batting away is always a magical moment for me too! The quilt finally looks nearly like it will when finished and the finish is near. I’m always in awe that I was able to create something lovely and useful 😊.

Sandy said...

I love the vintage look of this quilt, Marie! The colours are perfect, and I’m always in awe of the gorgeous quilting patterns you showcase. It shows up so nicely on the back! I, too, love that moment when I can trim off the excess, and the quilt shines through!