Tuesday, April 05, 2022

One Down, One To Go

The little Pink Hearts baby quilt top is together now and ready for quilting so I'm movin' on to number two.

I'm very happy with it, despite running into a bit of a glitch near the end. If you look closely you will see that the I probably should have had a short sashing piece added to the corner block before I added the corner triangles. I had figured it out for two of the corners but not for the other two, just based on how I had sewed on the sashing.

In the end it was easier to rip out the two that had sashing than to try and add in sashing on the two corners that were missing it. Confused? I was too for a while because I couldn't figure out why things weren't lining up, but I got it sorted and all's good now.

This little pink radish print (I think that it's called Planted With Love) is going to be the backing. It's a very soft grey, which is better than pure white, and looks cute with the hearts - just hope it's not pink overload. 

I had thought that both quilts were to be for girls but it turns out that they don't know if baby number two is a boy or a girl, so that meant some rethinking. I've landed on Monkey Wrench blocks in an assortment of colours, which will hopefully keep things a little more gender neutral....M

5 comments:

Sharon Stroud said...

Is there such a thing as too much pink? Not in my world! Always lovely works. A delight for the eyes!

audrey said...

The pink is very sweet. Never too much for a little girl quilt! And the monkey wrench blocks are adorable. Love that color mix!:)

Kyle said...

Adorable pink hearts. It's funny when we're sewing along and then... it sometimes hurts the old brain to figure out... WHAT? Sweet quilts for two.

Jenny said...

Your little Pink Heats is delightful, and the other colourful blocks will make a fun second baby quilt.

bettyb said...

Very sweet! Who's expecting?