Sunday, April 17, 2022

A Soft Quilt For Baby

Once I got the pin dot sashing sorted for the baby quilt that I'm calling Monkey Business it came together very quickly.

When I started this quilt I had plans to use the taupe strawberry print for the outer border but as it came together all I used it for was a few cornerstones towards the centre. It just didn't seem to need much more. I'll bind and back it with the strawberries and I think that will work just fine.

It's a delicate look without much fuss or bother but still enough interest in the prints to keep the attention of its intended user.








Lots of colours that play well together.

This might be the first time that I've made Monkey Wrench blocks but it won't be the last; they are fun to work with.

With another COVID wave working its way through the area it's another quiet Easter for us. Happy Easter everyone!....M


5 comments:

Rebecca Grace said...

It’s lovely, Marie! Happy Easter!

marina said...

very pretty. The fabrics are lovely and fresh.
stay safe and well

Kyle said...

The fabrics went together beautifully.

Wendy MacGregor said...

I love your 2 baby quilts. I have followed you for years and love to see the fruition of your work.
I used to live near your town.

audrey said...

Monkey Wrench blocks are very fun to work with. Loving your sweet, soft vibes here.:)