Wednesday, February 02, 2022

I'm Doing A Happy Dance Too!

It looks like January was a good month to make a flimsie as over the weekend I too finished putting one together. It's Wintersweet, and it's in the same record-setting territory as Anne's flannel beauty Home Quarter

I don't know the last time that I would have put a quilt top together in under a month, but I'll take it! As a reminder, the pattern is from Cakestand Quilts and it's free; she also provides an easy-to-follow tutorial. 

There hasn't been any movement on Halo so no design wall for me - laying it out on the floor outside the sewing room was my only option. This is the view from the top of the stairs. I like!

I'm so glad that I included the low volume neutrals with the white - it's given the entire thing a nice soft feel. Crisp and soft all in one.

Just noticed the two green and white polka dot squares sitting side by side. Despite shifting and rotating strips to avoid this it looks like a there are a couple of spots where it happened. Ah well, I was getting dizzy making all the changes so one or two were bound to squeak in there. Just chalking it up to 'scrappy'.

Now it's time to contemplate a backing. I have several in my stash but I'm not certain that they are quite right. There is also a beautiful green botanical tone-on-tone from Laundry Basket Quilts that's been waiting for the perfect quilt so I'll give that a look too; just not sure that I want the backing to be too dark. We'll see what we see. 

In the meantime, I'd better lay it out on a bed to see if it's big enough - I didn't think to measure it.....M


5 comments:

Kyle said...

Wow! I really like the design and your fabric choices. Adding in those other low volume prints made a very positive difference. Great choices all around.

Gretchen Weaver said...

Your quilt is beautiful, love it! Would you send a link to the pattern? Thanks!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Bittersweet is gorgeous; something about those colours which are true red and greens, against the white. I too would love to know the pattern. Trip around the world, Irish chain?? Happy stitching and stay warm. Pretty nippy here in the Ottawa Valley.

Nann said...

Gretchen posted her version on her blog so I had to come to see yours! I also strive for "no two fabrics touching." Most of the time I succeed. The other times I have to tell myself firmly that no one else will notice.

Susan said...

How pretty that is! I have to search it out.