Friday, January 28, 2022

Home Is Where The Heart Is

It looks like I am not the only one still sewing Christmas quilts! Anne has just finished up a gorgeous flannel Home Quarter flimsy in the most adorable fabric collection. She started it January 3 and it's already in line at Roberta's waiting to be quilted so she's pretty pumped about that.

The fabrics were a Christmas gift from the Official Cookie Tester and I and she obviously wasted no time cutting into them. Here's a closeup of what some of the prints look like - there's everything from peppermints to holly to snowmen in top hats to a big, bold buffalo plaid. It's a wonderful mix called Snowdays by Bonnie Sullivan.


It's the same block sewn throughout, the only difference being the fabric placement.

The pattern is Home Quarter from Highway 10 Designs and Roberta put her wise to it; she has made it as well and loved not only the fabrics but how quickly it came together. I believe that she is working on another one...

Anne machine stitched the strips in each block and planned on continuing in that fashion, but when a friend wanted to do a Zoom call she went looking for something to work on while they got caught up and decided to start hand stitching segments. What a treat! She totally fell in love with the flannel, "It’s like pulling a needle through butter, the fabric is so soft and lovely to work with".

Nice as the blocks are all together I think the borders really finish it off beautifully. It will be backed with flannel from the same line so the quilt definitely has some weight to it and is very toasty. What a great winter quilt!....M

6 comments:

barbara woods said...

love that red and black plaid, it just stands out.

Chantal said...

Congrats Anne. It's Winter Wonderful quilt. ;^)

Kyle said...

That's a great pattern for your beautiful gifted flannels.

Rebecca Grace said...

It's lovely, Marie, and I'll bet those flannels do make it lovely! I think I recognize some of those fabrics as ones my mother used in a quilt top that is still patiently waiting for me to quilt it for her!

Sandy said...

I love everything about Anne’s quilt! The fabrics are gorgeous, and even though the blocks are the same, the randomness in the layout is perfect! I’ve never worked with flannel … time to give it a try!

Anne said...

Many thanks once again for that very generous Christmas gift Marie. The quality of the fabric is truly superb and so wonderful to work with. The day I finished the quilt top the temperature dropped to -34 that night so I tucked the top between 2 of the quilts on my bed and couldn't believe the difference in warmth that night. I can only imagine how cozy it will be to sleep under an all flannel quilt. And no matter when Roberta finishes the quilting this quilt set the record for completion time!