Saturday, February 12, 2022

Cue The Cupid

It's the season of love with Valentine's Day just around the corner, which will keep Cupid busy for the next little bit. Around here there's been a little heart-shaped sewing going on.

Friends of ours are expecting their second daughter in June so I've decided to make a quilt for them. I landed on simple, scrappy four-patch hearts after seeing a plethora of pattern options surface on Pinterest.

As usual, the more variety in the fabrics the better it is - I think there are 10-12 different pinks, which will lend itself to a bit of 'I spy' as she grows older.

It's been the perfect excuse to use a few novelty prints from the stash too, like this little kitten-themed one. Apologies for the lighting.

And a few of the selvages are cute, cute, cute.

Things were pretty busy for me two years ago when their first daughter was born and I didn't make one for her so I'm thinking that I will make a second quilt and deliver them both at the same time. Right now scrappy stars seem to be the pattern of choice but lots could change before I start that one 😉. Happy Valentine's Day everyone!....M





3 comments:

Kyle said...

Your heart choice is perfect for a new little baby girl. You had a lot of fun pinks to work with. A scrappy star quilt would also be lovely for the big sister.

marina said...

what a great idea for a baby quilt!
love all the pretty pinks

bettyb said...

LOVE this!