Friday, October 29, 2021

Just In Time for Halloween

The Holly Bazaar binding frenzy continues. I've just finished up six more toppers and, as luck would have it, they are all autumn and Halloween themed so good timing to share them.

Linda, Jane and I got together in the fall of 2020 and worked up several hexie table toppers. While they were both smart enough to focus on one or two, I became a little crazed and ended up with six. I also didn't particularly like mine and didn't finish any of them, so they have been staring at me from the back of a chair in my sewing room ever since (sort of spooky 😮). Somewhat prophetically, I noted in that post that 'maybe they will be the start of my 2021 Holly Bazaar making'. Yup.


They are all backed with the same black and then bound with either a black on black print or a black and white bias gingham. I still wasn't overly keen on them when I saw them quilted but the bindings made all the difference.

They are all quilted with Roberta's darling little pumpkin panto and the perfect pumpkin shade of thread. This pic isn't showing it off quite right, but you get the idea.

There are six toppers made from three different strip sets (love the yellow & orange print on the outer edge of the top one, and those white and black polka dots! I think that was one of Jane's fabrics). 

This topper is made from the same strip set, just laid out in reverse. It's interesting to see the difference in the look, depending on how the strips are rotated.

The purple is showing up a little hotter than it is in real life.

I think this is the last of that fun spidey/candy corn print.

In the end, I am glad that I finished them up. For whatever reason, I couldn't see them working out, but I guess the trick is not to second guess things until they are completely finished. The challenge now will be whether folks are interested in anything Halloween so soon after it is over. Regardless, I will give several to the bazaar and hold a few back for the Madonna House Gift Shop next spring.....M



2 comments:

Kyle said...

Congrats on getting those cute table top mats finished. Hopefully, people will see how fun those will be for next year.

Sandy said...

I don’t think you need to worry if these will be snapped up, Marie. The spider web design and that pumpkin quilting … perfect! I’d be tempted, after Halloween, to turn them over and enjoy the back until the snow season starts!