Thursday, September 16, 2021

Last, But Not Least, Huddle

We're coming to the end of the pile of my recent finishes.


This one is called Huddle and I was drawn to it by the placement of all of the light blocks in the centre of the quilt framed by a border of darker blocks. It's all the same block, just positive and negative versions of it. It reminds me of a woven coverlet.




My favourite niece gifted me the pattern a few Christmases ago and I am so happy that it didn't take me 20 years to get to it! Four or five, maybe, but that's a short timeframe in my quilting calendar 😉.


Roberta suggested quilting it with a really dense feather pattern and she wasn't wrong. It's beautiful. Just row after row of lovely, wavy feathers. Appropriately, it is called Abundant Feathers.


Here's a closeup of the backing fabric - a nice biscuit coloured print that plays well with the assorted colours on the quilt top itself.





There are several reds in the quilt and I chose yet another one for the binding. It's not bright and flashy so it doesn't affect any of the blocks and the beige in it works really well with the backing.


Like most of my quilts, there tends to be a little bit of everything in this one, but that's how I like them. Now to get back to that TO DO list....M

p.s. If you'd like to order the pattern it is available from Eye Candy Quilted. I added an extra row to mine.

9 comments:

Chantal said...

Oh, Marie! It is so beautiful and looks so cuddle-licious! Congrats on getting to it and finishing it within 5 years. (haha, I understand exactly the feeling.) ;^)

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Wow, Marie, you are on quite the roll with the wonderful finishes. I do like the light/dark effect in this one. All the quilting has been superb.

bettyb said...

Good for you! A lovely trio.

Kyle said...

Fabulous use of positive and negative blocks. Wonderful colors and the quilting is spot on!!

Jane said...

Lovely Marie. All three are gorgeous, but I think God's Green Earth is my fav. What is the name of the pantogram used on Huddle? I really like the denseness of it, and man want to use it on my log cabin quilt. thanks

Sandy said...

Another BEAUTY, Marie! The colours are so rich, and my mind goes to “Tick Tack Toe” … lots of X’s & O’s in every direction. :) Or, hugs & kisses! And, THAT quilting … gorgeous!

Rebecca Grace said...

Oh yes -- Abundant Feathers was the perfect choice for your beautiful quilt! I love those soft florals and feathers. Just fabulous!

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

I'm the same way - I tend to want *all* the colors in each quilt. Your huddle quilt is just beautiful and the soft red binding is perfect for it.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Huddle is gorgeous! its a cool pattern , but your choice of fabrics and the quilting! wow!!