Thursday, August 12, 2021

The Finishing Touches on x/+

While I was at the lake last week Jane was busy putting the finishing touches on a quilt as well, her beautiful x/+ quilt.






Gorgeous as the photos that I had seen were, it is even more spellbinding up close and personal. The colour combinations are so rich, a truly happy quilt.








She bound it with one of the reds that was used in a few blocks and it worked beautifully. 





And I love the striped backing that she chose. It's flannel and she scored a deal on it so that made her doubly happy!


She spent the day finishing up the binding. 













And I have to share this pic with you. I mentioned in my last post that Jane and Linda are headed east in a week or two to visit family. Lucy, who Linda's Little Trees quilt was made for, just loves to play in her toy kitchen so Jane has made a collection of felt food for her as a birthday gift. Isn't it just the sweetest stuff? She will be over the moon!....M


3 comments:

Kyle said...

A great collection of Kaffe fabrics. At first I thought the little tart was real!

Linda said...

Those felt food pics really look real, lol

Sandy said...

Oh my gosh, Jane has outdone herself with those tasty treats … so creative! What a special gift for Lucy! And, that quilt … I love it!