Tuesday, August 31, 2021

All Three Quilts Are Finished

My binding spree from a while back has been long finished but I've been slow to share the final results with you. They are three very different quilts but I'm so happy with each one. I'll split the show and tell up into a few posts as there's lots of pics of each.

The first one is the biggie - Snippets. It's huge! As many of my projects do, this one started out on a whim, thinking that it might be a donation quilt. The more I got into it the less it felt like it was going to be given away...


And then when I found the graphic yellow Art Gallery fabric for the border. Well, that just sealed the deal. I think it's what tweaked my Favourite Niece's interests in it too (I had imagined that it was a tad too traditional for her) but she loves it so it will be a housewarming gift for their new home.



I think that this is the widest border that I've ever used on a quilt - it's over a foot wide - and I love it. There may be a lesson in there for me - maybe I don't have to always make tons of blocks, just work with wider borders.






This one really ticks off the 'scrappy' box for me...






there just a little bit of everything in it.






And the remaining bits were worked into a strip on the backing, so no remnants from this one. Combined with all the swirls and curls in the quilting, it makes for a happy quilt.....M


9 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

Such a happy quilt. Wonderful scraps and I love the wide border fabric. Fantastic finish!!!

Kleine Vingers said...

What a lovely fresh scrappy quilt

Kyle said...

What an incredible finish. That great yellow border makes all those scrappy pieces sparkle. Now you know it will be going to a good home.

Linda said...

Marie you've outdone yourself with this one and I'm sure your niece will be over the moon to receive it. Absolutely love the yellow border, it just makes the scrappiness shine all the more. What a gem.

Chantal said...

I love this one. How big are the hourglass blocks? My scrap bins would love to make one like that. Congratulations on this wonderful scrappy quilt. ;^)

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

What a fun quilt! I like that border - it makes the rest of it shine!

Sandy said...

Lucky “Favourite Niece” … it will look lovely in their new home! I love the play between the traditional, and that gorgeous yellow border … it’s kinda 70’s funky!

Jerrianne said...

We refer to those as “big honking borders”.

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

The wide border is genius on this one! Another beautiful scrappy quilt - the best kind.