Monday, December 28, 2020

The Magic of the Season

I hope that you enjoyed a very Merry Christmas! Ours, like so many others, was much quieter, but we adapted and found ways to still make it a special time. 

With the holiday hustle and bustle behind us, and a week free of obligations ahead of us, I found myself casting about for something to do. Not surprisingly, I didn't seem to land on any of the many projects that are in play - sort of that feeling that you get when you finish a quilt and don't know what to do (though I didn't finish anything...). Then the other night I decided to play 'follow the leader' and see if I could put my hand to starting the Little Trees quilt like Jane's that I shared with you the last time. The templates have been cut for months and there was even a small pile of fabrics nearby, so I gave it a shot. It was just what I needed.

My first effort was fun but I goofed a bit with the tip of the tree so adjustments were made. I also decided to try a narrower tree trunk.





Here's how the two blocks compare; I will stay with the revised version on the right.






I pulled together a few inspiration pics of Anna Jantina's quilt and then dug around for more fabric...





...following Ana's lead and including a little blue in the mix.









A new hand stitching project is born. Luv!....M



6 comments:

Julierose said...

Nice work on these cute little trees--What a fun hand project this will be...
Hugs from SE CT Julierose

Kyle said...

Super cute. I like the thinner trunks too and the addition of the blue. I need to cast out and see what I can reel in.

bettyb said...

Beautiful! I love the colours and the shapes.

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

It's such an uplift to start a new project and these trees are sooo cute.

Unknown said...

What size are your finished blocks? They are looking great. I’m jealous of your fabric stash! Happy new year!

audrey said...

Such a sweet looking block. I looked and looked at similar blocks last Christmas season and almost started one myself. I can see you're going to have fun with this!:)