Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Santa Claus Is Coming To Town!

The standing joke in our family is that Santa Claus can arrive any time after the kitchen floor is scrubbed. Well, I managed to get the floors scrubbed last night so I guess the big guy's on his way 😉.

Jane has a much more enticing sign that it might be time - a new Christmas quilt! 



Just over a week ago she shared the good news - Little Trees was quilted and bound and ready to be enjoyed! It had been on the back of her sofa but that particular night the temps were to drop considerably so she wasted no time putting it on her bed for an extra layer of warmth.



And who wouldn't want to snuggle under this little charmer??? It's based on a pattern by Anna Jantina. She started it in June 2019 after her cottage had flooded for the second time in two years and needed a project that would cheer her up. This quilt was just the thing. Those tiny little trees were the perfect hand stitching project.



She put it all together while staying with her sister Linda in the early weeks of the pandemic (I had shared a progress pic with you back in April) and then added the borders and lace in October. 


Roberta quilted it with a gorgeous panto called Let it Snow. Absolutely perfect! And it shows up so beautifully on the mossy green flannelette backing. SO cozy!!!




To say that she is happy with it is an understatement - she just loves looking at it (and I do too!). You can buy acrylic templates for the trees but Jane just drafted her own after being inspired by seeing the finished quilt. Months ago I drafted my own pattern but that's as far as I got. I'm not nearly as productive as Jane.

I think that Santa will be very impressed!....M


8 comments:

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Wow, that is a gorgeous quilt! I hope Santa treats you well. I am going to go scrub my kitchen floor. Have to be ready!

Anne said...

It looks beautiful and very cozy.

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

The little trees are so charming - almost like pieces of old fashioned candy (the colors remind me of that I guess). So sweet for Christmas.

moosecraft said...

Gorgeous! Love this happy quilt! :-)

Jenny said...

Such a lovely quilt. Just right for the season.

Rebecca Grace said...

What a beautiful Christmas quilt! I love the Let It Snow design, too. Merry Christmas to all of you!

Sandy said...

The colours, the lace, the snowy quilting ... it’s perfect!

Deb Hillyer said...

This is a beautiful quilt. I could only find the templates to purchase on a Dutch website. Do you know if they and/or the pattern is available in Canada or the US? Thank you for sharing this. Deb