Sunday, November 22, 2020

Linda's Labours of Love

I've got two recent finishes from Linda to share with you - one big and one little. Let's start with the big one. 

I know that she's been working on this quilt for a while, but in my mind it's come together very quickly. It is going to her godchild who is a physician in Janesville, WI, one of four doctors in that community that is treating COVID-19 patients in hospital. Originally she was making it for herself but generously came to this conclusion: "I figured there would be more happiness in giving it to her; she likely needs some comfort right now". I can only imagine.




Here's a better look at the entire quilt. The design is her own with each star block measuring 10" and it is completely stitched by hand. 



I wish that I had a photo of the fabrics that she used to share with you, because they are beautiful, and obviously beautiful together. There is this one that she sent when she was debating using the floral border. You get the idea, but it still doesn't do them justice.

One who sleeps under a quilt is comforted by love.

The second one was finished a month or two ago and is for the granddaughter of a dear friend. She used a series of fairy panels and it is as sweet as sweet can be.













There will be lots to keep a young mind entertained as they explore each new scene.















Sweet little four-patches in corresponding solids adorn the corners.












It's backed with this lovely little green check (if memory serves me correctly, it is flannel). The floral quilting design works beautifully with the woodland scenes.











She had just picked it up from Roberta and was tickled with how it turned out. I would be too! I'm certain that baby will be thrilled. Happy maker 😊....M





4 comments:

Kyle said...

Two beautiful quilts to give comfort and wrap the owners in love.

Sandy said...

Gorgeous quilts, Linda! I love the softness of the colours in the stars, and the way they blend into each other. And, those fairies ... lots of room for stories and imagination here! They will be treasured, for sure!

audrey said...

I would love to see the first quilt especially in person--it looks so comfy and sweet. And the fabric in the second one is just pure fun. Love that!:)

Lily Allen said...

Two beautiful quilts to give comfort and wrap the owners in love.
clipping path