Thursday, December 19, 2019

Wrapping It Up

I am notorious for leaving my gift wrapping to the last minute, which is complicated by the fact that, as much as possible, I prefer to wrap gifts rather than use gift bags. It is a decidedly slower process but I love the anticipation as the gifts are opened - it just takes longer than diving into a bag. Well, this year I surprised myself and, as of today, I believe that I am all wrapped up. No one is more surprised than me!











The whole process was made a little more fun because I was able to use gift tags that I had made myself. Linda and Jane are the queens of stamping and about a month ago we got together for a day of stamping/card making. Suffice it to say that they left me in their dust, but I did dip my toes in and came home with a nice little bundle of tags.




I also came home with one of Jane's paper punches so I played around a bit and made up several packets of tags to sell at the Holly Bazaar - they were a great hit. (Yes, each of those little red berries is glued on individually. What can I say? I'm anal.)

I got a lot of use from that single punch, sometimes using the positive...








and sometimes the negative.

Use a different paper and you get a completely different look.

It was nice to be able to add those little personal touches to my gifts this year. Thanks for the tutorial gals!....M

p.s. No stitching is getting done this week given the holiday TO DO list so I'm not certain that my last minute Christmas sewing will amount to anything, but we'll see.




3 comments:

Kyle said...

I agree that there's more anticipation unwrapping a gift. Your tags are perfect.

Jill said...

Your handmade tags are wonderful!. They add so much to a gift. I, also, prefer boxed presents vs a bag presentation. I've actually given it some thought as to why bags are popular. People who work outside of the home find putting an item in a bag time-saving. Retails stores in my area, don't have gift boxes like they did 'back in the day.' Gift bags take up less storage space than boxes. Yet, those reasons are only a theory. Lol! Enjoy your holiday!

Sandy said...

Beautiful, Marie! I’ve enjoyed catching up on all of your Christmas blogs. I love your new Santa ... well worth all of those years in the works. Hafta say, I love to wrap, with ribbon and bows ... they look so festive under the tree. It’s the one time of the year when you can get your shiny sparkly on! Wishing you all a wonderful Christmas!