Sunday, December 15, 2019

Santa Claus Has Come to Town

#QuiltBee: Believe Santa cross stitch

There was lots of excitement for me earlier this week when I picked up my 'Believe' cross stitch from the framer. After 30-some odd years not only is it finished, it is framed and out for all to enjoy! I tried hanging it in a few places but it just didn't seem to fit so I've set it up in the living room where we can enjoy Santa when we are sitting around the tree.

It is a Mary Engelbright pattern and I started it before I was married. I am so happy - still totally love it after all these years.




#QuiltBee: Believe Santa cross stitchHe's really adding to the Christmas spirit around here today, him and the weather.













Yesterday it rained for most of the day and was downright depressing - not a smidgen of snow in sight - but as things moved toward the evening the rain changed to snow and today things look like this.










The Official Cookie Tester was up bright and early before church this morning chipping out holes so that the chickadees and nuthatches were able to get breakfast.











We lost power for several hours last night which totally cut into my sewing time (yes, just a week before Christmas I felt that I needed to start a new Christmas project). Anyway, I did get some work done on it earlier in the day and am anxious to get back at it today because I like where its going.








There may even be a little more cutting to be done today. I'd show you more but I'm not sure who is reading my blog so I'll hold off for week or so with the details - a little Christmas suspense for you 😉. If you are working on last minute gifts I hope that you are having fun with them too....M





4 comments:

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Congrats on a wonderful finish!

Kyle said...

A big Yahoo with your wonderful finish. ME pictures are always a favorite. My Running Man cares for our birds too. Have fun stitching.

Jenny said...

You must be so thrilled with your cross stitch finish, and probably now wondering why it was left in hibernation so long!

Denise :) said...

Your Mary Engelbright pattern is wonderful! So bright and cheery! I love the snow; it looks so pretty!! :)