Thursday, November 21, 2019

Christmas Geese

Inevitably each year there seem to be a few projects that get started for the Holly Bazaar but not finished and this year was no exception (its the quilting equivalent of my eyes are bigger than my stomach!).











#QuiltBee: Christmas flying geese
One of those projects was a set of four Christmas placemats. I thought that I'd had my fill of Flying Geese after finishing two Rhubarb Crisp runners (can you say a bazillion Flying Geese???) but obviously not. I had bought a few small pieces of fabric from Jane when she was clearing out her stash and landed on geese as the perfect way to combine them.







#QuiltBee: Christmas flying geese
There will be four in total, two green and two red and, given all those tumbling snowmen, I'm thinking that they would appeal to a young family. What the heck - the more I work on them the more they appeal to me!











They are ready to be quilted now and I think I'll go with vertical lines of quilting, maybe randomly placed, maybe evenly placed. We'll see what happens when they get to the machine....M

3 comments:

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Gosh your Gingerbread houses are adorable, Marie. I think they look quite professional. And these flying geese place mats in Christmas prints are just the ticket. Happy Stitching!

Kyle said...

Super fun! You might be serving meals on your new placemats

Rebecca Grace said...

Hi, Marie! I love your Christmas flying geese -- perfect for those small-scale prints and I just adore the tiny holly print. Also scrolled down through a couple of your previous posts. You have fabulous things on your design whall! What is that block called with the circle rings, and are they pieced or appliqued? I like your Airplane layout in blues, too. How big are those blocks? And finally, I am in awe of your gingerbread decorating skills. I tried to do one of those gingerbread decorating kits with my son a couple of years ago and mine was so awful that my son (and everyone else in my family) made fun of it all season long! Glad you found me at so that I could find YOU! :-)