Tuesday, September 24, 2019

First Days of Autumn

#QuiltBee: Rhubarb Crisp quilted table runner
The leaves have started to change and the temps are decidedly chillier. What better way to welcome autumn than with my new Rhubarb Crisp runner?













#QuiltBee: Rhubarb Crisp quilted table runner
The colours really do invoke the coming change in the landscape - all of those rich reds, golds and greens. And all of those itty bitty geese and stars - what can I say? Luv. Thank you Jo Morton.











#QuiltBee: Rhubarb Crisp quilted table runner
You will recall that I made three of these runners, two of which will be used for charitable causes. The one that I kept for myself has the larger of the two backing prints, which I love, but it is still proving to be a challenge to get an accurate photo of it. Ah well.









#QuiltBee: Rhubarb Crisp quilted table runner
Happy autumn!
















After seeing/quilting them Roberta took my tiny flying geese BlocLoc ruler for a spin and is now totally hooked. She picked up a set for herself and seems to be firmly entrenched in the 'star chamber'. Not quite sure what they will be used for yet, maybe a Christmas version of the runner, but she just can't pull herself away from them. Whatever it is, you know its going to be beautiful....M

6 comments:

Ann said...

A lovely combination of stars and geese in colors that welcome fall. I can never decide which I prefer, light geese with dark backgrounds or dark geese on light backgrounds. Every version is good but yours is a delight. Enjoy using it this autumn.

Kyle said...

Your Rhubarb Crisp is a delight for the fall senses.🍂🍂🍁🍁

Quilts by the Bay-North Bay said...

Your runner is perfect for this time of year! What about serving up a real rhubarb crisp for desert!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That is a perfect runner for fall! love it!!

Snowcatcher said...

Just beautiful! When I first saw your photos, I thought you had quilted the pumpkin, too, and it is so lifelike! Then I realized it's a centerpiece... oh well, it's still beautiful!

chrisknits said...

OMG!! I love this! I did one a few years ago with blues and browns, now I want to make another!!! LOL