Sunday, September 01, 2019

Making Do

Though I know that I still have a ways to go before Minnie is finished up, I do feel as though the end is in sight. One way to tell is that I am running out of some of my hexies, so I've decided to make the most of those that I have cut and work in a few last precious fabrics as best I can, even if I don't have enough for a particular section.









These are the last pieces of these two mauves so I combined them into a single blossom, and I like the look.












So I'll take it a step further and use two pinks in this diamond, rather than having them all the same. I think that there is one more diamond somewhere in the bunch where I did this. It will be fun to try and find the 'make do' diamonds when it is all together.....M

2 comments:

Kyle said...

Lovely make do blocks. Those might end up being some of your favorites.

bettyb said...

I love the scrappy look. Reminds me of Sigrid.