Monday, October 14, 2019

Pippi Rides Again

#QuiltBee: wonky stars
Last year around this time I made a scrappy pumpkin topper with great little wonky black stars scattered throughout and a crow happily perched on top. Roberta thought that it was the cutest thing (particularly the bird, which she name Pippi Longstocking because of the little stripey legs) so I promised to cut one for her.










Its been cut and sitting on a shelf for the better part of a year so I thought I'd just go ahead and put it together because the pattern was in my head. Good thing I did because there were a few pieces missing from the stack!










#QuiltBee: pumpkin table topper
Its a fun little piece for the harvest season.














The tiny green border is still a favourite of mine - it brighten things up just right.













I was obviously on my game when I cut it out because I also had the binding cut and ready to go - who knew? All she has to do is quilt it and sew on the binding, and since she is such a little speed demon I expect that it is already finished and in use.









Pumpkins were in the oven this weekend too, as we celebrated Thanksgiving with lots of delicious food including pumpkin pies for dessert. The Official Cookie Tester was in seventh heaven - pumpkin is his fave.










Okay, there might have been butterscotch pie too 😉. So much to be thankful for. If you celebrated this weekend I hope that you enjoyed the bounty of the season to its fullest...M

4 comments:

Kyle said...

What a delightful pumpkin quilt. Those black stars are just the perfect addition

Wonky Girl said...

Your pumpkin is the cutest !
And the pies look so good. Happy Thanksgiving. It's a fun holiday to celebrate.

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

I love your pumpkins and all things fall!

marebear said...

Mmmm, that pie looks gooooood.