Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Colours of the Harvest

#QuiltBee: quilted harvest placematsWith the dying days of October the Holly Bazaar comes closer into view so it's been a full court press to get myself organized to finish up a few items for the craft table and something for the Silent Auction. Happily, these placemats are now quilted and bound and ready to go. I love the colours and hope that someone else will too.








#QuiltBee: quilted harvest placemats
Nothing overly fancy in the quilting department, just evenly placed diagonal lines of stitching with a blue/green variegated thread. Its what I used when I made a set of Christmas placemats using a similar pattern and I quite liked it.










#QuiltBee: quilted harvest placemats
They are bound and backed with the same deep orange print - its a deep colour and yet soft at the same time.













#QuiltBee: quilted harvest placemats and pot holders
I had strips galore to work with so I made two pairs of pot holders to match. The gals will be able to decide if they want to sell them all together as a set or as three separate items. If they like the thought of them as a complete set maybe they will go into the Silent Auction - they can decide what works best. More bazaar projects to come!....M


7 comments:

Chantal said...

Love the colors you've used. So pretty. I'm sure they will find a buyer. ;^)

Quilting Babcia said...

So lovely! Fall colors are my favorites! In sure they'll sell very quickly.

Kyle said...

Fabulous colors. You always donate beautiful pieces.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Beautiful harvest colours. I love them all.

chrisknits said...

All the colors I love!!! Beautiful.

Wendy @ Wendysquiltsandmore said...

Your place mats are very nice, and particularly suitable for this time of the year. Thank you for linking up with the Peacock Party.

Siobhan1098 said...

Looked at a few of your things on your blog, courtesy of Pinterest. Following You now. You have a great color sense and are are very creative and talented person. Thanks for the reference to "the Silver Tree," now I am going to have to get that and read it! Stay safe and well, God bless! Marce in Lakewood, WA.