Saturday, July 06, 2019

Surprise and Delight

Last weekend while celebrating Canada Day out at the lake we also celebrated a bit of a milestone birthday of mine and I just had to share Jane's gift with you. It's this gorgeous, lush, Kaffe-inspired beauty. All that saturated colour in such fabulous prints - LUV!!! Talk about surprise and delight!










We couldn't remember how long ago she made this flimsy but every time that I've seen it through the years it has just left me weak-kneed. Well, all of that gushing finally paid off! 😉











It is just the right size to use as a throw in our living room so now my challenge is to find the perfect backing and get it quilted.












I simply cannot believe that it is mine. All that coral and pink and periwinkle in one place, well, it leaves me speechless. I'm not sure that I'll be able to nap under it very well though - I'll be spending all of my time pouring over all of the fantastic prints that she used.

This periwinkle is one of my faves and not one that I have been able to find for sale. How can you not love all those funky dots? And that colour?


Of course I had to get a photo of the talented maker and I wrapped up in that amazing sea of colour.












Even Baylea in her matching collar got her picture taken with it (almost makes you wonder if she didn't know what was coming...). This is a gift that will be cherished for years to come. Thank you again, Jane.










And today's mail brought me this - a beautiful hand-crafted card from my sister Dori.











The block is stitched to the card so after I have enjoyed it for a while I plan to carefully remove the block and work it into one of my projects. Again, more spectacular fabrics....M

6 comments:

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Hi Marie,
I've been meaning to say thanks for showing those gorgeous quilts from the conference. So much inspiration. And just look at how sweet the two of you look in this gorgeous one as well! Kaffe's prints just glow and what a gift. Also love your sister's block. Happy Stitching!

marina said...

what a superb surprise!!
Happy birthday wishes too!

audrey said...

Super sweet gift! She knows you well.:) Love how bright and happy this top is!

Kyle said...

What an exciting way to celebrate your birthday. You two look so fun wrapped in your quilt. All those colors and patterns will keep you very young at heart. Happy Birthday!

Pat said...

Not only is that a very fun and vibrant quilt but it will always wrap you in the friendship that created it.

Jane said...

I'm so happy it went to a good home where it will be appreciated! I called this quilt Red Zinger, but you can call it anything you like.